Monday, May 5, 2008

Resistance is futile!

I have finally bowed to the pressure, I mean wisdom, of my book blogging buddies. I know that many of you (much like the ladies at ripmybodice) have "The BDB 4eva" tattooed on your asses. There is a reason that I did not battle you to the death to be allowed to bring one of the BDB books along to the desert island. I have an excuse for not choosing a BDB vamp as my first pick for my desert island harem. I have not yet read the books. I am starting Dark Lover by J.R. Ward tonight. Since May is all about Brockmann Boys (who are absolute Alpha material) and the past few new-to-me books I read left me kinds meh, I thought I would take a shot at Ward's world of Alphas. I shall let you know what I think.

Also on the topic of zero resistance, but having nothing to do with books, I am eating pizza. This may not be a big deal to most of you. For me this is a BIG FREAKIN' DEAL! Due to an auto-immune issue, I am on a gluten free diet. It is not a big deal most of the time since I love to cook, but pizza is something I don't often get to eat. I have to make my own crust and it is rarely the same as my fav Chicago pizza places. Well, a lovely person recently told me about a local restaurant that is now offering their pizza gluten free. I am too tired and lazy to cook tonight (and my kitchen has surpassed dirty and is now a toxic waste dump). I called up Marcello's and ordered a GF pizza. The verdict. OMFG!!!! Amazing. Not just amazing gluten free pizza, but just damn amazing pizza. Wow. ::sigh::

Pizza and Wrath. This looks to be a good evening.

14 comments:

Nicola O. said...

That sounds like a *fantastic* evening to me! I envy you reading BDB for the first time.

KT Grant said...

Once you start on the BDB crack, there is no going back. :D

Shannon said...

It already is crack. They haven't even officially met yet (I didn't get much readin done last night). jaysus! Ms. Ward sure knows how to convey fear. The scene when he enters her apartment and scares the crap out of her. Yikes!

And I am so confused about the police officer (Butch?) Is he supposed to be good or bad? He seems to be a rough, tough jackass on the outside, but a good guy at heart. Although, only being a couple of chapters in, I could be completely wrong here.

KT Grant said...

Just wait till the hawt vamp sex. Suck suck yum.
ah Butch... just wait till you see his scenes with his future love!

Sarai said...

I didn't care for the crack *ducks* but I understand how the others could love it!
I'm more of a Lara Adrian person and so help me if any of you chose Nikoali for your heroes the pig head and blood is going on the front door!!! *giving the evil eye*

Nicola O. said...

As for Butch, keep reading. He is a GREAT character.

Nicola O. said...

Oh! and thanks for the link!

<smooch>

Kristie (J) said...

I sometimes wonder if there is something wrong with me. I just don't get the addiction thing. I've read the first two and I liked them - but not enough to become a BDB addict that's for sure. I have the next one - somewhere - but there are a whole lot more books I plan to read first.

*sigh*

Sarai said...

Kristie I concur except I didn't like the first. I just don't get it. *shrug* that's why there are so many books out there for everyone!

Ana said...

You are so courageous! I haven't got the guts to pick this up since I know how easy I become obsessed with series and things. Do let me know what you think.

Anonymous said...

I've never read a Brockmann book. Can you recommend a good one to start?
The BDB books are crack because, though I've read better books and I didn't like the last two so much, I still can't put them down. The romances didn't pull my heartstrings either, but still I can't put them down. That's crack - addictive even though you know it's bad for you. I liked Rhage best. Still, I'm not fighting to bring any of the BDB boys to the island because I didn't personally fall in love with any of them. Not like the guardian boys. ;) MJB's heroes are to die for.
Of course, I didn't fall in love with Grey from Joanna Bourne's The Spymaster's Lady, even though I fell HARD for the book. (one of the best I've ever read!!!) Can I bring Annique to the island?

Ciara said...

Sarai - Really? You like Lara Adrian better? I stopped reading her after the second book. The writing and story lines didn't grab me.

Shannon said...

ciara- oh my, a Brockmann virgin? wow :) All of the books are great, but I would definitely start at the beginning. She builds her world and characters over many books. Some of her heros, like my recent island pick Sam #2, was in at least 4 or 5 books before he got his HEA. This is the reason I chose Unsung Hero for the book club selection. Go get the book and read it with us!

Tracy said...

I have to say that I, too, am a Brockman virgin.

BDB is my crack. Loved the first 3 books the best - great, wonderful, awesome...but can also see how they wouldn't appeal to everyone. I will continue reading them until they produce no more books! :)

Also very much love Lara Adrian's books - fab.