Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Battle Rages on!

Holy cow! (to quote my favorite long-dead sports announcer) Where has May gone? It is more than halfway over! Oy! I better get a move on with our BofB Battle Royale.

The competition was fierce. Some heroes won by a landslide, others squeaked in a last minute victory (thank god!) So now we move on to round 2. All these men are a bot battle scarred, but that is how we love them. As you peruse the new match ups I will be in my hut comforting the losers ;)


Round 2 match ups:

Stan Wolchonok vs. Tom Paoletti vs. Ric Alvarado

Ken "Wildcard" Karmody vs. Max Bhagat

Jules Cassidy vs. Sam Starrett


Oh! The pain!!! That last match up is going to kill me! I think the losers may need to comfort me.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

ok - I'm going to Borders today (I have gift cards and coupons, what could be better!:)) so tell me which Brockmann to start with -I haven't read any of her stuff.

Shannon said...

Yay! Get on board the Brockmann train! You absolutely must start with Unsung Hero. I have OCD about reading a series in order. Here are the first few titles:

Unsung Hero
Defiant Hero
Over the Edge
Out of Control
Into the Night

I am rereading Unsung Hero today. God, I love this book! I tend to forget how delicious Tom is. Since his story comes first I think he often gets overshadowed by his fellow SEALS who we see over the course of numerous books before they get their HEA. But I must warn you, once you start, you won't want to stop. There are 13 books. Be prepared to be hooked. I like to think it is a non-paranormal equivalent to the BDB crack. SO ADDICTIVE!!!

Tracy said...

Well I just took a peek at Borders stock and they don't have the first one...but I found most if not all of them at Fictionwise so I can download them straight to my ereader. Nothing like instant gratification! :) Oy, I have so many books I want to read after hearing about all these DIK heroes!!

Thanks for the list!