Monday, April 21, 2008

I have survived!

Yes, I have survived the weekend of wedded craziness. Of course, it was craziness of the very best sort: friends, pretty dresses, open bar, dancing, awesome DJs, family, a wedding date, and seeing my best friend commit her life to the man she loves. It was enough to make even the most cynical heart melt. Seeing as I am an ooey gooey romantic on your average day, I was a puddle of happiness. Not convinced? Need to see some photographic proof of my happiness?


Amidst all of the fun and adventure, I was able to capture a few moments to finish reading White Lies by Jayne Ann Krentz. She was one of the first authors that I completely fell in love with back when I was a newcomer to the romance genre. I rabidly hunted down any book that she wrote. It didn't matter what name it was published under. JAK contemporaries, Amanda Quick historicals, Jayne Castle futuristics. I devoured them all. Her heros were the candy I craved. Mmmm... Needless to say, I was delighted when I saw White Lies on the shelf of my local library. I still need to piece together all of my thoughts on this book, so I will wait to say more. I will post my real review in a day or two. In the meantime, I will state that I was very much entertained by this book. It didn't entertain me as much as seeing my best friend get married, but then again, not much in life could compare to that! :)

8 comments:

barb said...

It should be illegal to be that cute!

Shannon said...

haha, thanks barb! You're too sweet. Really, it's all in the head tilt. Every picture, no matter what, I do that. I swear I am like a dog. It's Pavlovian. Pull out a camera and watch me tilt my head. I can't control it!

Christine said...

Fantastic picture! You're even more adorable than your avatar!! :) Awesome dress.

Shannon said...

aw! Thanks! Yeah, my best friend picked out a great dress for us. It really flattered all three of us gals.

Sarai said...

Aw I love weddings always makes me cry!
I'm glad you had fun the and the pics is absolutely adorable!

Shannon said...

:) Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Interesting times to see this happen, more interesting to think what might have been. You look great by the way.

TN

Ana said...

You are so cute dude!And looks exactly like your avatar!