Oh... wow. I just gorged myself on Nalini Singh. Seriously. I devoured her entire backlist. Damn those cats are sexy! I can't even get my thought is order to type up a review of any one specific book. Instead, I give you random thoughts about the sries:
- Her heroes are tough, loyal men dedicated to their pack. They are flawed, but not fatally so.
- The heroines are equally strong. These are no shrinking violets, but neither are they ball busters.
- Engaging political atmosphere. Ms. Singh has developed a complex world with all it's troubles and strife.
- Family is at the heart of everything. I love this. These are men who are driven by their connection to and need for family.
- Alpha with a capital A. Somehow, though, they are not jackasses.
- The characters from previous books don't fade away at the conclusion of their book. They play integral roles in subsequent novels.
- The women stand equally among the men. They don't lose their strength once the hero claims them for their own. These women are defined by their own personality and talents, not by the men they are mated to.
I could go on, but I shall leave it at that. Ms. Singh, you are now officially on my list. Auto buy, baby, auto buy!